top of page

Small Claims Court Disputes

In small claims court, you can sue for money or the return of personal property valued at $35,000 or less, not including interest and costs.

To sue a person or business in small claims court, your lawsuit, called a claim, must fall into one of the two following categories:

Claims for money owed under an agreement, such as,

  • unpaid accounts for goods or services sold/delivered

  • unpaid loans

  • unpaid rent

  • NSF (non-sufficient funds) cheques

Claims for damages, such as,

  • property damage

  • clothes damaged by a dry cleaner

  • personal injuries

  • breach of contract

For claims exceeding $35,000, the case has to be taken to the Superior Court of Justice (“civil court”)

If you are suing or being sued you may require a proper representation in order to succeed. At Buzaker Law Firm, we will assist you in all aspects of your matter, including but not limited to:


  • preparation of your Claim or Defense,

  • Trial representation,

  • Settlement Hearing,

  • Preparation of Motion and,

  • enforcement of your judgment.

Should you have any questions, please call the Buzaker Law Firm at (905) 370-0484 for a free 30-minute consultation.

bottom of page